By Sadique Bamwita
At least 10 tenants residing in Kiwafu zone in Entebbe Municipality are
crying foul and counting losses after fire outbreak razed their household
property to ashes.
The incident occurred at 3pm following unstable power supply which was on and off and consequently fire gutted the rental houses.
The landlady Jane Gafabusa faulted the tenants for tampering with the
electric wires rendering them prone to fire outbreak.
The Entebbe police fire brigade chief, Stephen Karuhakayo, attributed the
cause of fire outbreak to short-circuit that could have sparked off the
fire that led to loss of household property.
Karuhakayo has ordered the landlady to completely demolish all the
structures where her tenants have been residing and failure to comply she
risks police arrest.
However some of the tenants who lost their property say at the moment
they’re homeless and have no where to begin from.